Oct 6, 2008

My Forex Trading Slumber

In the past two years, a reliable indicator that my forex trading is up in the air are the limited number of new posts on this website. This is my 28th post of March. In February, I had 37 posts and in January, I had 40 posts. The trend is obviously down. When my trading is in a state of flux and uncertainty, it's not easy to find anything to say. Like I've said over the last couple of weeks, I just haven't found the time to dedicate to trading or posting. From my experience, if you want to be successful, trading needs to be pretty high up on your list of priorities. Whereas last year I was able to concentrate my energies on forex trading and less on my full-time job, the opposite now seems to have taken hold. My full-time job has been very hectic and longer hours in the office have meant less time for everything else. I'm being tested more than I ever have in the past 2 years and the easiest thing for me to do would be to put all forex related activity on hold. I don't think I've ever been away from trading more than a couple of days and I really don't want to take a leave of absence. These are not excuses, just a fact of life. I'm not about to call it quits, far from it but I'm hoping that as I get accustomed to my overall schedule, I'll be able to find the time to continue to strive for the goal of trading forex full-time. I use Google Calendar to keep track of a lot of the non-trading tasks I have to do on a daily basis but maybe I should try to schedule particular times in the day that I will dedicate to forex. I'm also in a bit of a transition where I'm moving away from day trading and more towards trading longer term. I have yet to define a plan for this transition and it is probably the first thing that I need to do before anything else. I welcome this challenge because I never thought this goal was ever going to be an easy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment